Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Fun of Commissions

I am so excited about this project!

I just began taking commissions, and this one's got me excited by far! The reason I do what I do is because I love to do it, whether I own it or not! I could barely sleep dreaming about what I'd do with these two pieces. Both are solid walnut, and extremely heavy. I'm a little sad my client nabbed these off Craigslist before I did! But good for her!

Lucky girl.

I'm going to paint the body cream, as well as the entire headboard (which I've already done, as you can see), then antique the whole thing. The top of the buffet/dresser will get refinished in a very dark walnut, almost black. The hardware I still have to think on. It will either remain original or end up a hammered bronze. 

Stay tuned!!






No comments:

Post a Comment