Friday, September 28, 2012

Chandelier Dresser

I went for broke on this dresser. I actually have a client that's been playing with the idea of scrollwork on her pieces, so I took the opportunity to test it out. I freehanded the template design and cut it like you would a paper snowflake to make a symmetrical stencil. I then ragged it onto the surface. I antiqued the entire dresser with a glaze, moving along with a dry brush and blending (I was top blender in art school, haha, not to toot my own horn . . .)

I think this turned out far better than anything I've done so far. I love it immensely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment