Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dresser Redo


 This was the first furniture redo that i have done for my house.  We really needed an update on our entertainment center and i wanted something with a little more character.  This Dresser was exactly what i was looking for.  It is real wood, but it was missing drawer pulls and had a few deep scratches in the top.  We took out one of the drawers and put in a shelf to make it a little more conducive to all the electronics and their cords.  I decided to strip the top of the finish (thank you Abby J. for your pointers), then i stained it with a walnut stain.  i finished the bottom with an antique white color.

I decided to change out the hardware to add a little more character to it, and finally got around to staging it.

Now I just have to work on hiding all those cords!

No comments:

Post a Comment