Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Provincial Table

I really wasn't sure what I was doing when I started painting this table. My art degree was tested. I kept asking my husband if I was 'helping' or 'hurting' it. I think in the end it turned out well, but will definitely appeal to a narrower audience. I do have French Provincial customers, though, and it's a good market!

Originally the table was painted a horrid high-gloss black that was chipping. I primed over the black . . . liberally, and painted it antique white. I then painted the top in a mildly darker beige, made the edge gold, and hand-antiqued with brown and black, as I was antiquing some of the paint rubbed and made a neat 'inked' design I really liked. It's like a shabby chic French Provincial. I like it!





No comments:

Post a Comment